2012. január 29., vasárnap

let's switch to English

To fulfill the request of my beloved boss and colleagues who seemed to be enthusiastic to read my recipes after I shared with them as a funfact about me that I started writing this blog, I am switching to English. I am sure it is not a problem for my HU speaking followers, and my Serbian is not THAT strong, maybe it would be a good opportunity to practice :D Anyway, at least this one will be in English. I am not an expert in baking terms, feel free to contact me if any explanation is required.

As always, the recipe is very simple, managable with great outcome for those too who lack all cooking skills, without turning the kitchen into a battlefield.

Today's recipe is a muffin with only the best on Earth: Nutella, nut and raisins, and a little bit of rum.

It has a story, like anything else that leads me to the kitchen. I received a task to be delivered on Friday and I needed some input from my colleagues to be sent to me on Thursday. I sent them a reminder and that triggered a series of pics sent in e-mails containing only the funniest finger drawings that Google can offer... my reply was some virtual snowballs to those who might not be able to meet the deadline and cupcakes to those who would. Well, Jelena sent a pic of 3 cute little kids with cakes in front of them, saying that they are awaiting for me to fulfill the promise. As all of them did, and I am seeing Donka tomorrow in Novi Sad where we are attending a training together, I was happy to make this:

Muffins with Nutella
Ingredients for 12 muffins:
  • 3 eggs
  • 7 dkg sugar (original recipe halved)
  • 15 dkg butter (unsalted)
  • 15 dkg Nutella
  • 15 dkg flour
  • 1 small packet of baking powder
  • 10 dkg nut (not salted!!!)
  • 3 tablespoons of rum (Stroh is pretty good)
  • 4 tablespoons of raisins
Method:
  1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
  2. Wash and beat the eggs, then mix them with the sugar.
  3. Melt the butter a little bit in the microwave oven and add to the eggs&sugar.
  4. Add the Nutella also, just like the rum.
  5. In a separate bowl, mix the flour and the baking powder.
  6. Pour the liquid part to the bowl, add the crushed nut and the raisins after you washed them.
  7. Stir the whole thing and portion to the muffin cases.
  8. Bake for 18-20 min. After they are ready, carefully take them out and let them cool down.
This time no picture - I distributed them too quickly :)
      Last time I made it for my mom's 50th B-day as breakfast and it was a blast (despite the fact that my family usually enjoys a breakfast that is not necessarily sweet - or not ONLY a piece cake for the so-called most important meal of the day...).

      PS: Jelena, I will come up with something else especially for you, this will not be any good by Friday when I see you.

      Nincsenek megjegyzések:

      Megjegyzés küldése